Sunday, September 9, 2007

A New Bib Design

I've been working on more bibs this weekend for Elizabeth and to list in my Etsy shop. I finished 5 today (except for the velcro), 4 of which are using a new design for front-fastening velcro. These types of bibs are much easier for me to remove after feeding.

OH! I just realized that I posted my first bib, but haven't posted the second batch I made! So, here you go. I've added bibs to my Etsy shop, too.

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Sewing Kit Tin

I haven't posted anything here in a while. I'm having a hard enough time keeping up with my main blog! But I made this a few weeks ago (before school & work started!) and just took pictures of it. It's a tin I bought at a craft store and decoupaged with a mixture of old and new papers. I have a tiny sewing kit inside. Front:

Friday, August 31, 2007

A New Bib

After reading some of the information on recent bib recalls over at, I decided to take some of my fabric that I used recently for a diaper and make a bib!

The back makes good use of an old towel and I included a velcro closure on it because I hate to tie things around baby's neck.

This took all of about 5 minutes to make! Think I may use some of my extra fabric & list some in My Etsy Shop to go along with my tag blankets!

And the test drive... it works!

Cross-posted at What's He Up To Now?

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Another Fitted Diaper

The last one worked out so well that I decided to do it again! This time I used alpine fleece for the outer, which makes it waterproof! NOW I'm really loving this diaper!!! (except for those pins!)

The inside is purple floral flannel I got off the clearance rack at WM for $1/yd! Below, the pocket in the diaper has been stuffed with one microfiber towel.

And it did work! She slept in it for an about 2-hr nap today. She was wet inside, but the outside was still dry! I have a feeling I'll be making more of these puppies...
I've probably made more tag blankets since I last posted here, too. Check my Etsy Shop to see what's new.

Thursday, August 9, 2007

A Fitted Diaper: RRP

You know I am new to cloth diapering... and I am scared of this diaper. It's a "fitted diaper;" it's a "pocket diaper." That means it is not waterproof. It needs a diaper pin. It's only 2 layers thick, but has a pocket that can be stuffed with whatever absorbent material I see fit. But enough of my phobia - This diaper was amazingly easy to sew. It dried in a snap. And with a mom that was paying attention, I felt it get moist, but we had no leaks even without an extra cover! But most importantly... it's ADORABLE!!!

Notice the ladybug on her bottom?
Not sure if I wrapped it around exactly right (it looks a bit bunchy) & I was scared of pinning her. Since I don't have a snap press, I may try adding velcro to this one.
All I stuffed it with for this wearing was a microfleece towel.
The pattern is called Rita's Rump Pocket (RRP) one-size flannel fitted pocket diaper. Rita, cloth diapering mom of 2, came up with this pattern and is sharing it with the world free of charge! Click here to get your downloadable RRP pattern. And let me know if you sew one and blog your pictures, too!

Friday, August 3, 2007

New Diapers!

Yes, you see correctly - I MADE DIAPERS!!! I giggle when I see them because they look so cute on Elizabeth, and because I just love to see something I made being enjoyed or used by my beautiful baby.

This pink one needs a little tweaking still, but the green one below was perfect! It did it's job quite nicely and is already going through it's first wash in the cycle of use. And it's got ladybugs on it!!!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Blue Jean Blanket

Almost finished with another one like this that features pink & purple ribbons & back. These will be listed in my Etsy Shop.